Saturday, October 06, 2007
School's been great! We were kinda "thrown" into work, but hey it's actually quite good fun, if you have the right attitude (yeah I'm just learning this now! Pretty slow, i know). Well, we're studying the thorax now, which basically is the chest, the ribs, lungs, heart and everything else that's in it. Had my first dissection class of the year today, and boy was it fun. Got to use a saw to saw of this guy's ribs and sternum. Man, i truly felt the power when i held that power tool! Gotta get me one of those...
I was in this dilemma, on whether to join the basketball team or the orchestra this year. I ended up going for both the tryout and the audition. I was pretty confident i'd get into both, so i decided to join orchestra. After all these years of lessons and music training, i can't let it go to waste. Besides, i brought my violin all the way here, i must as well make use of it. Basketball... is basketball. I can play anytime i want. Also, i don't want to get injured or anything...
Speaking of injury. Played basketball last week. 2nd day i was back. Tweaked my ankle, but carried on playing cos i didnt' feel it. The next day, i woke up, got out of bed and PLOP, collapsed on my chair. The ankle was all swollen. I ended up limping to and back from church, thank God the swelling subsided pretty rapidly. Heh heh it was kinda funny actually.. pretty sure i looked quite dumb that day.
Been reading this book a friend gave me, and it really is quite an eye-opener. In a good way. Opening my eyes to a whole new dimension of life. Literally. The title is 4th Dimensional Living in a 3 Dimensional World by Dr. David Yonggi Cho. Well.. it's quite hard to tell you all that there is in the book, but it really is worth the read. It's a short, concise, book. Get it... trust me.
So. It's the weekend now. Praise God! Nothing much to do tomorrow. I'll probably do some work, and then camp on facebook heh heh heh.